Antenatal courses are 6 classes long and are run over 6 weeks from 6.30-8.30pm unless otherwise noted.
The aim of these classes is to present neutral evidence-based information that generates discussions as a family, which then continue with your midwife to explore the options that will work for your own unique situation.
One whole night is dedicated to breastfeeding, and another whole night to Baby Wrangling, where you will have some hands-on practice with my highly qualified stunt babies learning about how to care for your own baby. There is a good dose of humour thrown in there to help get you through it all, time to get to know your classmates, and most importantly, supper!
- Late pregnancy
- Labour and birth
- Pain relief options
- Assisted births
- Baby Wrangling 101
- Postnatal wellness
- Early parenting strategies
Once your antenatal course is complete, you will be invited to join The Arrivals Lounge where you can then access FREE feeding support* and join us at our FREE postnatal support groups which run fortnightly and includes Lactation Consultant support with breastfeeding and infant feeding.
*All antenatal course participants can access FREE basic postnatal feeding advice anytime by telephone/text/email, and discounted Lactation Consultant home visit rates.
Please book here
Once your antenatal course is finished, you will be invited to join us in The Arrivals Lounge. From here you can access free follow-on support at our fortnightly postnatal group (on Mondays from 10am to 12noon) where you will get a chance to put all that theory into practice with your tiny human.
Visit at any time, including antenatally, so you can meet others who are going through the same or different stages, get reassurance that it’s ok to find parenting hard, and most importantly get good support with those early breastfeeding challenges that could turn it all around for you.
There will be support available and informal discussions around whatever you need, and will probably include:
- breastfeeding latching & positioning
- the reality of being a parent
- postnatal wellness for everyone
- normal infant behaviour
- those next stages as they come along
This is all FREE and is included in the cost of your antenatal course.
This class is for anyone who wants to prepare for success and the reality of breastfeeding, not just first-time parents. Maybe you had some challenges with breastfeeding last time? Join me for a cuppa and biscuits and a breastfeeding class that is going to have you better prepared for those early months. Six spaces in each class mean you will get plenty of opportunities to ask a Lactation Consultant your questions.
If you intend to or have already booked an antenatal course with me, then this content is already included as a part of it.
- Breast anatomy
- How breasts make milk
- The first week and beyond
- The feed cycle
- Latching on to feed – what your baby can do
- Busting the myths
- Where to get support
Please book here Bookings
Home visit appointments are available 7 days a week in the Selwyn District and Christchurch by arrangement (please get in touch by ph/text) or at selected times via the Booking button.
Full support in all areas of infant feeding provided, including, but not limited to:
- Nipple pain & damage
- Latching difficulties
- Milk supply questions
- Infant behaviour
- Blocked ducts & mastitis
- Weight gain concerns
- Returning to work
- Weaning onto solids/cessation of breastfeeding
- Expressing & feeding/mixed feeding
- Multiple infants/tandem feeding
- Breast reduction & augmentation
- Relactation/induced lactation & co-breastfeeding
$100 Initial Consultation – home visit of 1 hour includes:
- Relevant maternal and infant history taken
- Full feeding assessment
- A written summary and care plan to assist you with your feeding goals
- Telephone support for one week
$50 Follow Up Consultation – home visit of 30 minutes includes:
- Care plan evaluation and adjustment as required
- Telephone support for one week
- Extended consultation time charged at $25 per 30 minutes or part thereof
- *Weekend consultations attract a surcharge of $50
- Mileage surcharge of $20 may apply
- Payment to be made the day following the appointment
- Reduced rates available for Community Services cardholders